• The VIP series tilt-in-space manual wheelchair won the gold award and the Ergo series won the Taiwan Excellence award at the 22nd Taiwan Excellence Awards.
• The VIP515 Series was displayed at the Taiwan Excellence Pavilion in Taoyuan International Airport.
• The VIP515 and S-Ergo125 wheelchairs were displayed at the Taiwan Excellence Pavilion. They were selected as two of the top products from the Taiwan Excellence Award winners.
• won subsidies to develop international markets in 2014 which continues to expand into the Indian market and increase marketing channels there.
• In cooperation with the Chiayi County government, Karma held the activity “Karma Wheelchair LOHAS Day” on Karma Day. LOHAS Day gives wheelchair users a chance to socialize with one another, watch movies, enjoy an obstacle free environment and give them a positive outlook on life. This was the first time an event like this has been held in Taiwan.
• The manual wheelchair – Ergo Lite Series, Powered wheelchair – Saber Series and the Atigra Series were winners at the 21st Taiwan Excellence awards.
• The Ergo Lite and Atigra Series wheelchairs were displayed at the Taiwan Excellence Pavilion. They were selected as two of the top products from the Taiwan Excellence Award winners.
• was chosen as one of the model company to represent Taiwan by The Project to Promote Most-Valued Products in Emerging Markets. The project supported by the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
The focus was on expanding into the Indian Market.
• In September and October Karma held activities for wheelchair users. The first concert only for wheelchair users in Taiwan and the wheelchair rope climbing activity.
• Established a new manufacturing facility in Huzhou, Zhejiang Province, China.
• Achieved a significant growth in India, exceeding over 25% of the market share.
• Organized and hosted eight seminars for therapists in Taiwan to promote brand’s new core value and “Fit” prescription guidelines, attracting 500 participants.
• Karma mid-wheel drive power wheelchair, Atigra, won the prominent Australian 2010 “PACE Zenith Awards” again.
• Conducted a brand reengineering process to reassess the positioning of brand amid continuous business growth so as to take the core value of the Karma brand to the next level.
• Collaborating with Life Stand, a well-known manufacturer in France, we jointly developed a Stand-up power wheelchair that allows users to stand up directly from a seating position, marking a new era for users.
• products received the prestigious “New Star Brand” award from theTaiwan Excellence Brand Association.
• Introduced the innovative tilt-in-space foldable wheelchair, model VIP 515. Immediately became a leading product in the industry, the new model is ideal for users a high risk of pressure ulcers.
and its key partner in India jointly established the Karma Healthcare Ltd. in Kolkata, India, to further expand its sales and service in the emerging Indian market.
• Stood out among its peers, wheelchairs were selected by the Chinese team for the 2008 Beijing Paralymics.
• Developed jointly with A.C. Mobility, Atigra, Karma’s mid-wheel drive power wheelchair, was the winner of first prize of “2008 Better Technology Awards” in Australia.
• International sales reached over 40 countries.
• Karma had accumulated over 100 patents.
• The 12th Taiwan President, Mr. Ma Ying-jeou, visited headquarters and hosted an industrial seminar.
• Established Karma Medical Products (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. in China and introduced advanced products to the Mainland China market.
• Awarded the exclusive right to distribute the VICAIR ® Cushions with wheelchairs in Asia. Made in the Netherland and won the highest Grand Prix honor, VICAIR ® high quality seatcushions are filled with hundreds of triangular, air-filled cells (SmartCells™) for pressure relief.
• Introduced the whole new S-Ergo 105 wheelchair.
The brilliant design and bold style transformed the traditional dull impression on wheelchairs and created another round of copyingby competition.
• Continued to introduce new generation and innovative products, effectively fending off imitated and fake products to enter the international market
and boosting customer loyalty.
• Successfully developed the “S-Ergo” seat cushion, paving the road for the introduction
of the all new Ergo Series wheelchairs in the following years.
• As fake and imitated Karma products flushed the market, made a strategic decision to invest heavily in R&D and medical engineering. This effort had helped Karma successfully develop a whole new generation of products and obtained patents so as to fend off infringementof copycats.
• accrued design and technology patents in more than 40 countries and elevated its power of marketing, greatly enhancing its brand reputation in the global market.
• Made by manufacturing facilities in China, fake or imitated products started to appear in different markets, significantly threatening Karma’s global sales and reputation.
• Accumulated over 30 patents in various countries.
• Continued to expand international market and global sales reached over 30 countries.
• Introduced an innovative Power Tilt & Recline Wheelchair (KP-45TR), making a remarkable
contribution to pressure ulcers prevention.
• Successfully developed carbon fiber rims for wheelchairs, overwhelming participants at
the 2002 REHACARE in Dusseldorf, Germany.
• Founded the Relief Association to provide assistance and welfare to those with metal or physical disabilities.
• Supported by medical engineers, the Custom-made Department was founded to provide severely
disabled users with products tailored toward their special needs and rehabilitation.
• Collaborating with our primary UK partner, we established KARMA Mobility Ltd. to better distribute
top-quality products and strength marketing efforts and customer services in the UK.
• Several key wheelchair models passed the strictest crash and safety tests in the UK and received official certifications.
• Developed a brand new product—the electric scooter.
• aluminum alloy wheelchairs began to dominate several international markets with commanding market shares: Spain (50%), Japan (20%), Taiwan (80%), Singapore (60%), and Thailand (80%).
• Established “SOMA” brand to segment products for various markets.
• Continued to expand our markets in the United Kingdom, the Netherland, and Singapore. After 10 years of hard work, 「KARMA 」 brand can be found in over 20 countries.
• Marking an important milestone, 「KARMA」 became the number one aluminum wheelchairs imported by Japan.
• Established a contract-manufacturing base in Korat, Thailand, to meet the growing global demand of 「KARMA」 products.
• Introduced the first 「KARMA」 aluminum alloy power wheelchair.
• Starting from scratch, 「KARMA」 gradually developed and expanded markets in Taiwan.
• Extending our reach, 「KARMA」 became the first foreign aluminum alloy wheelchair
that Japan ever imported.
• Karma successfully developed the very first aluminum alloy wheelchair in Asia (excluding Japan).
• We successfully introduced 「KARMA」 aluminum alloy wheelchairs to Spain, paving the foundation for international market.
• 「KARMA」 R&D team developed foldable backrests with special “joint” structure, which subsequently became the industrial standard in a few years.
• The R&D of lightweight aluminum alloy wheelchairs suffered a setback and business struggled. Karma was left with only three employees.
• Karma established its brand 「KARMA」 and manufacturing facility in Taipei, Taiwan, to develop revolutionary lightweight aluminum alloy wheelchairs.